David Lamb – Master County Clerk
315 Main St., Box 350
Mound City, Kansas 66056
Business Hours – 8:00am – 4:30pm Monday thru Friday
(913) 795-2668 – Office
(913) 795-2419 – Fax
1st Term 2005-2009
2nd Term 2009-2013
3rd Term 2013-2017
4th Term 2017-2021
- Serves as Secretary to the Board of County Commissioners; attends Commissioners meetings; prepares and posts agendas and keeps meeting minutes; maintains proceedings of Commissioners’ meeting, including all contracts and agreements entered into by the County.
- Receives and compiles all budgets submitted by County entities, the city, and the school district; presents budget to County Commissioners for consideration and revisions.
- Compiles, calculates, and prepares tax levies.
- Prepares real estate, personal property, and state assessed tax roll and certifies to County Treasurer.
- Accumulates and files a bond indebtedness report for all taxing entities in the county.
- Carries out all elections and certifies to the Secretary of State; maintains voter database; accepts filing for public office; keeps financial statements of expenses from county, city, school district candidates.
- Provides Accounts Payable and Payroll functions for all County departments; receives all claims filed against the County.
- Administers the County employee benefits program, including health insurance and retirement plans.
- Retrieves and balances Motor Vehicle Tax then interfaces distributions to County Treasurer.
- Serves as the County Freedom of Information Officer.
- Serves as the County Public Information Officer.
- Maintains inventories, fixed assets and long range plans.
- Provides assistance to county residents in preparing Homestead Property Tax Refund Applications for the Kansas Department of Revenue.
- Issues Cereal Malt Beverage Licenses to establishments outside the city limits.
- Issues Kansas Wildlife and Park permits.