Section I. Data Limitations
- These maps are intended for display and reference purposes only.
- Cadastral (parcel, or land ownership boundary) information is not survey quality and should not be used for legal decisions or notices. Any planimetric information (streets, sidewalks, railroads, water features, etc.) is not necessarily accurate to engineering, survey, or navigational standards. The user is responsible for understanding the accuracy limitations of this data.
- Assessed property values may not necessarily be certified values for ad valorem tax purposes.
- GIS data layers come from a variety of sources and lineage and may not align perfectly when overlaid with one another.
- You, the map user, must exercise good judgment when acting upon this mapped information. Map data should always be independently verified with original (primary) data sources for accuracy/currency/completeness if circumstances (such as possible economic loss, physical injury risk, etc.) require it.
- Metadata (documentation about GIS datasets or map layers, and tabular reports) may be provided for generated maps. You are encouraged to read it.
Section II. Kansas Open Records Act
The Kansas Open Records Act provides in K.S.A. 45-230 that “no person shall knowingly sell, give or receive, for the purpose of selling or offering for sale, any property or service to persons listed therein, any list of names and addresses contained in, or derived from public records…” Violation of this law may subject the violator to a civil penalty of $500 for each violation. Violators will be reported for prosecution.
By accessing this site, the user makes the following certification pursuant to K.S.A. 45-220(c)(2):“The requester does not intend to, and will not:
- Use any list of names or addresses contained in or derived from the records or information for the purpose of selling or offering for sale any property or service to any person listed or to any person who resides at any address listed; or
- sell, give or otherwise make available to any person any list of names or addresses contained in or derived from the records or information for the purpose of allowing that person to sell or offer for sale any property or service to any person listed or to any person who resides at any address listed.”
Section III. Data Disclaimer
Map Data is provided “as is” without warranty or any representation of accuracy, timeliness or completeness. The burden for determining accuracy, completeness, timeliness, merchantability and fitness for or the appropriateness for use rests solely on the user. Linn County GIS/Mapping Department makes NO REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NOR ARE ANY SUCH WARRANTIES TO BE IMPLIED WITH RESPECT TO THE INFORMATION, DATA, OR SERVICE FURNISHED HEREIN. The user acknowledges and accepts the limitations of the Data, including the fact that the Data is dynamic and is in a constant state of maintenance, correction and update.
In no event shall the Linn County GIS/Mapping Department become liable to users of these data, or any other party, for any loss or damages, consequential or otherwise, including but not limited to time, money, or good will, arising from the use, operation or modification of the data. In using the data, users further agree to indemnify, defend, and hold the Linn County GIS/Mapping Department harmless for any and all liability of any nature arising out of or resulting from the lack of accuracy or correctness of the data or the use of the data.
You understand that there may be errors or omissions in map data or programming in this application, and that correction of defects is not guaranteed. If you find any errors please bring them to Linn County GIS/Mapping Departments attention.
By proceeding and clicking on the links to the online maps, you certify that you agree to abide by above Terms & Conditions of Use