206 Commercial Street
La Cygne, KS
La Cygne is located 4 miles west of U.S. Highway 69 on Kansas Highway 152 (Linn County 2200 Road) in extreme eastern Kansas. The city lies in one of the most beautiful valleys of the state in the northern portion of Linn County. La Cygne was established in 1869 on the banks of the Marais des Cygnes River. The French translation for Marais des Cygnes means "Marsh of the Swans". The French translation for La Cygne means "The Swan".
La Cygne's population is 1149 according to the 2010 census. The city offers public water, sewer, and natural gas services to its residents and businesses. Refuse can be taken to the local compactor or, for a monthly fee, pick-up is available at your home or place of business. Electrical services are provided by Kansas City Power & Light. Local phone service, Long distance, televison, high speed internet services provided through a fiber to the home network and cellular services are all available through Peoples Telecommunications, LLC.
LA CYGNE, KS
Mon-Fri 8:30am - 12:00pm 1:00pm - 4:30pm Sat 8:00am - 11:00am Sun Closed
Mound City, KS
To Contact the Fair Association:
Linn County Fair Association
P.O. Box 225
Mound City, KS 66056
Linn County Health Department offers immunization clinics, family planning/women's clinics, WIC, physical assessments, community health screenings/services, and many other services. Visit the website for more details.
In the top 100 bass fishing lakes in the U.S.
The Marina has groceries, fishing supplies, live bait, fishing and hunting licenses, and big game tags. Cabins are available for rent all year. Make a reservation by calling the Park. Campsites are available on a first come first serve basis. The park has a shower house with a laundry room. There is 1 large shelter house and 1 small shelter house. Call the park to reserve a shelter house. Duck and goose hunting is permitted on the lake only from boats.
22412 E 2400 Road
Linn Valley, KS
Linn Valley had its start in the 1970s as a planned community centered around a lake. It was incorporated as a city in 1998.